Brussels edition will highlight dynamic connections in the cable ecosystem
(Brussels, 9 March 2015) Cable Europe’s Cable Congress, the premier annual industry gathering, returns to Brussels, the decision-making centre of Europe, between 11-13 March. The 2015 programme will focus on dynamic connections in the cable ecosystem and feature a star-studded line-up of C-level executives across cable, content, technology and new media.
To kick off the event, Cable Europe will present brand new EU28 statistics from IHS on the latest growth trends in the European cable industry. Europe’s cable industry now serves more than 112 million Revenue Generating Units (RGUs), the industry metric measuring the number of TV, internet and telephony subscriptions.
More statistics on revenue and subscriber growth in these three product areas will be unveiled during a Day 1 press conference taking place on 11 March at 9:30 at The Square in Brussels.
“Cable Congress could not be happening at a more exciting, transformational time for our industry,” said Executive Chairman of Cable Europe, Matthias Kurth. “Technology is moving at an incredibly fast pace, driving the creation of new business models, platforms and services that can offer the consumer all the content they want, when they want, where they want it, to any device. But cable provides much more than simply connectivity or content. Thanks to several waves of investment-driven innovation, cable technology today offers an enhanced TV experience and state of the art broadband access. I’m excited to hear more from decision makers across the ecosystem on how we can continue to be a key enabler of a premium digital lifestyle.”
In addition to the release of new industry data, the 2015 Cable Congress programme is packed with engaging sessions and high-profile executive appearances, including:
- Leading C-suiters on winning strategies in an era of transformation, including Mike Fries (Liberty Global), Guillaume de Posch (RTL Group), Matt Brittin (Google Europe), Philipp Humm (Vodafone) and Manuel Cubero (Vodafone & Kabel Deutschland)
- All-CEO “footprint focus” on Central and Eastern Europe with Severina Pascu (UPC Romania / Hungary), Harald Rösch (Blizoo Media and Broadband), Levente Málnay (AMC Networks International – Central Europe) and Tomasz Żurański (Vectra).
- Globally renowned trend analyser Shari Swan, CEO & Founder of Streative Branding
- CTOs from Liberty Global, Ziggo, ONO and NBNCo.
- An exclusive interview with BEREC Chair 2015, Fátima Barros.
- A focus on finance and dealmaking with Marisa Drew (Credit Suisse), Andrew Barron (ComHem), Burkhard Koep (Altice) and Clif Marriott (Goldman Sachs) and Andrea Salvato (Liberty Global)
New content, programme updates and interviews are being added regularly to www.cablecongress.com.