Cable Congress, the annual flagship event for the European cable and media industries, returns this year to Brussels between 11-13 March to focus on the interplay between platforms and content in a converged world. The industry’s leading business figures and technologists will explore strategies to deal with new challenges and opportunities in this era of convergence, emerging business models and hyper competition.
Cable Europe Executive Chairman Matthias Kurth commented: “The last year will go down in cable history as one of strategic shifts, featuring greater investments in mobile and new partnerships with content and technology players. Cable has always been a technology leader, making massive investments in infrastructure and bandwidth to enable a truly smart pipe capable of delivering best-in-class customer experiences. This year’s Congress will highlight our increased integration with content creators, apps players and over-the-top platforms, the role private sector investment should play in our future, and pathways to better regulation – all while keeping the consumer top of mind.”
The 2015 edition of Cable Congress also takes place at an important time in the policy cycle on the heels of an ambitious EU investment plan to support broadband and digital infrastructure and as the European Commission begins to prepare its strategy to realise a Digital Single Market in Europe. This year’s events will be one of the first to bring all relevant stakeholders together to discuss how to turn these ambitions into reality and bring concrete benefits to European consumers.
The 2015 Cable Congress programme will feature the launch of new EU28 industry data and trends from IHS Screen Digest, the presentation of the Cable Europe Awards recognising innovation and achievement, and an impressive line-up of speakers. Highlights include:
- BBC World News Presenter Babita Sharma as Master of Ceremonies
- An exclusive interview with Liberty Global CEO Mike Fries by CNN’s Becky Anderson
- Keynote presentations by Guillaume de Posch (Co-CEO, RTL Group) and Philipp Humm (Regional CEO Europe, Vodafone)
- Views from the top with leading executives Giorgio Stock (Turner Broadcasting System), Manuel Cubero (Vodafone & Kabel Deutschland), Matt Brittin (Google), and Wilfried Urner (SES Platform Services)
- A CEO panel on Central & Eastern Europe featuring Severina Pascu (UPC Romania/Hungary), Harald Rösch (Blizoo Media and Broadband), Levente Málnay (AMC Network International), and Tomasz Zuranski (Vectra)
- A dedicated policy track featuring a fireside chat with Fátima Barros, (Chair ANACOM & Chair 2015 BEREC)
New content, programme updates and interviews are being added regularly to www.cablecongress.com.